View Thread
ARE YOU AGUAGUAT ENOUGH? » Site Administration » Helpdesk
 Print Thread
Video Gallery is Broken
jman
hashbud wrote:

Yep, it's frustrating having lost the database for the gallery. All the vids are still on the site, but I lost all the titles, descriptions, tracking of who uploaded/posted which video. and which videos should be NI level, PM, etc.. Not sure yet how to approach putting them back in now....

This is the bitch of it all, not having the info to know who submitted what and what was NI level , what was contributor etc., wow. If all were to get re-added into one category how hard is that

hashbud
jman wrote:

hashbud wrote:

Yep, it's frustrating having lost the database for the gallery. All the vids are still on the site, but I lost all the titles, descriptions, tracking of who uploaded/posted which video. and which videos should be NI level, PM, etc.. Not sure yet how to approach putting them back in now....

This is the bitch of it all, not having the info to know who submitted what and what was NI level , what was contributor etc., wow. If all were to get re-added into one category how hard is that

Yep that's the major cause for pause in re-adding vids. Don't have a way to backtrack who posted what and at what group level. Don't want something originally intended for NI or PM level to be re-added at a lower level.... so... still debating how to approach that.

Melinda
post them all at a protected level :)

Melinda
Here is another thought, since gallery broken. The poll taken way back in this discussed topic favored wordpress. Didn't g to it. Fusion is broken now we are seeing.

hashbud
Yeah reminding me of it....

hashbud wrote:

Content is visible to registered members only.

Shoulda gone with it eh...

mcmatiyu
Wasn't there a poll about that? Got to find it... maybe you right about going with it, never too late.

hashbud
Yeah there was... this one I think.

there was also a thread about one vs the other, this system vs a blog....

May be worth going to those threads and re-voting/giving opinion...

kinkychad
just do it...

hashbud
Problem is, it's a royal bitch to move everything that's here back to the other setup
(wordpress blog). Unless we scrap this one and just start from scratch. Moving stuff back, and I'm thinking rebuilding the video gallery as well, is a lot of effort for the relatively slow return of member input and submission.

Pot hafa nai mon?

sierra96le
whatever help you need....

hashbud
'k. Gonna slowly start rebuilding the video gallery. SLOWLY. I don't even remember the video categories, so may not be the same layout. I still don't know which vids were uploaded by members meant to be NI level only, Contributor level, etc..

I guess I'll wing it and whoever put stuff in the gallery and sees their stuff in the wrong intended area, say something - QUICK!

kichi671
I'll check my saves from the earlier blog/forum and see if I have any of the dsescriptions.

hashbud
Thanks chelu, that would help.

I think I'll put all the videos in one category at higher restriction level at first, see if we know the descriptions and what group level they should be in and then move them to categories from there.

kinkychad
hashbud wrote:
I think I'll put all the videos in one category at higher restriction level at first, see if we know the descriptions and what group level they should be in and then move them to categories from there.

Works for me!

sierra96le
I see some coming back now...

hashbud
sierra96le wrote:
I see some coming back now...

Yeah but I dunno, it's a tedious project. WP is so much easier....

hashbud
from the shoutbox... conversation...

sierra96le
Oh yeah forgot about this one, but you said right above if WP easier do it.

Few and far between postings from everyone might as well go blog and post who cares about dialogue discussion. even when you solicit 'what's on your mind' apparently nobody has anything on their mind hehehe

Jump to Forum:
Top Top  965,126 unique visits  Top Top